Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Paleo diet says NO to sweet dessert and bread ! This does not really bother me as I do not have sweet tooth.  However, BF is suffering greatly from lack of dessert and bread.

To help him feel better, I decided to bake him a pumpkin bread with a recipe from Elana's Pantry. Instead of using store purchased almond flour, I decided to make my own almond flour. The almond flour from store is too course for bakes. They do not give cakes and bread a smooth texture. Further, it is cheaper to make my own flour. Its really easy... drop some blanch almonds in the blender for a few second... sift them and its all done !

The BF declared this an Awesome pumpkin bread  !

Ingredient
1 cup blanched almond flour
 ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cloves
½ cup roasted pumpkin ( I used canned pumpkin)
2 tablespoons honey
¼ teaspoon stevia ( I omitted this as I am not a fan of Stevia)
3 eggs

Direction
1. In a food processor combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and spices
2. Add pumpkin, honey, stevia and eggs and pulse for 2 minutes
3. Scoop batter into a 7 inch loaf pan ( I double the recipe and use a bigger pan)
4. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes
5. Cool for 1 hour

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment