Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Non Gluten, Non Dairy, Non Soy Paleo Friendly Bread
After much research on the web, I finally decided to settle on Elana's Paleo Bread. She has two bread recipes on her site. Both looks good. I settled for this one as its the latest improved version:) This is an really easy recipe. 5 minutes preparation time and 30 mins bake time. Easy !
I can't wait for my french toast !
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¾ cup arrowroot powder
¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon agave nectar ( I use honey)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar ( I use lemon juice)
1. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt and baking soda
2. In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy Stir agave and vinegar into eggs
3. Mix dry ingredients into wet Pour Scoop batter into a well greased 7.5" x 3.5" Loaf Pan
4. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean Cool and serve
1. This make a small loaf. Best to use a small loaf pan so to give height
2. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs till frothy (3 to 5mins). This is crucial as we do not use baking powder or yeast.