Saturday, May 19, 2012

Paleo Coconut Bread

This is another version of bread made from coconut flour. The BF and I agreed that this is much better than bread made from almond flour. Its more flavorful. It iss a really easy recipe from Paleo Plan website

As like the previous post, this is really a small bread. I used a 8x3.7 inch loaf pan. I could not find a decent small pan and used the disposable aluminum pan which I got from HEB.

Also, it is important to whip the eggs till it is forthy. 

I really like this recipe. I think I am going to make this my base for other bread. Thinking of adding blueberry or strawberry next time :)

Direction
6 eggs
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil ( or any fats.. I have tried butter and canola oil. We prefer the butter version )
2 Tbs raw honey (optional) ( I use the regular honey)
½ tsp sea salt (optional)
3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted 1 tsp baking powder

Instructions
1. Blend eggs, oil, honey, and salt together. Set aside.
2.  In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour with baking powder.
3.  Whisk this into the egg batter thoroughly, until there are no lumps.
4. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch or smaller loaf pan and bake at 175C (350F) for 40 minutes.
5.  Remove from pan and cool on rack

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment