Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free Paleo Friendly Chocolate Bacon Burbon Brownie

Hm....hm....Chocolate Bacon Burbon Brownie ... this has been in my head since the BF had it a few weeks back. It was so good that the BF declared it the best thing he ever had.

I was so glad when I found this Paleo friendly chocolate bacon brownie recipe.  I substituted the coconut milk with Bourbon.. and Bingo... I have my chocolate Bacon Bourbon Brownie.

Surprisingly, the recipe does not call for use of any flour. Only almond butter and cacao

The BF said it taste with the "real thing".. ie comparable to those made from flour

The original recipe as follow :

You are here:
Ingredients:
2 Cups of almond butter
2 Eggs
1 /2 Cup Raw Organic Honey ( I used regular honey)
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
1/2 Tsp Sea salt
1 Tsp baking soda
1/8 Cup Coconut Milk  ( I use burbon)
8 Slices crispy cooked bacon, chopped in food processor ( The bacon needs to be very crisp. I used more bacon and used the extra as toppings)

Direction
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
2. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer blend your almond butter to make it a smoother consistency
3. Next blend in your two eggs Now blend in the honey and the vanilla Add the salt, baking soda, and then SLOWLY add in the Cacao powder.
4. Add the Coconut milk and continue to mix well
5. Now fold in the bacon and mix well by hand to ensure an even distribution of it all
6. Divide your batter between your 24 Cupcake Cups and bake for 30-35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.  ( I used a 8x8 cake pan!)

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment