Saturday, May 12, 2012
Non Gluten, Non Soy, Dairy Free , Paleo Friendly Meat Loaf
We were watching Food Network and Paula Deen was making meat loaf.. I told the BF that I wanna one ! So lucky me.. got one.
We found a really good recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen. The BF said it taste as good as those with bread crumbs.
2 lbs. lean ground beef (less than 10% fat)
1 pkg. (19.5 oz.) hot turkey Italian Sausage ( We use Chorizo)
2 T dried chopped onion
1 T garlic powder
1 T dried basil
1 T dried parsley
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 tsp. Vege-Sal (or 1/2 tsp. salt)
1 T ground fennel
1 cup finely chopped slow roasted tomatoes (or use sun-dried tomatoes - rinse with hot water if oil packed) 2 eggs slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove ground beef and turkey sausage links from refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
2. In bowl, combine dried onion, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, flax seed meal, Vege-sal or salt, and ground fennel.
3. Squeeze turkey sausage out of casings in small pieces into large mixing bowl. Break ground beef into pieces and place in same bowl.
4. Add dried herb/flax seed meal mixture, tomatoes, and eggs to meat mixture and use your hands to combine well.
5. Try to mix the meat enough to get spices and eggs evenly distributed without overmixing.
6. Shape meat into two loaves and put in oven for about an hour and 15 minutes or when the thermometer indicate that it is done