Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins

 

I have a love-hate relationship with the Texas weather. It was warm and nice last few days... oh yeah 80F in Jan yesterday. Pretty much in my short and flip flop. BUT urrggggg it turned cold last night. Down 20 degree to 60 ish today. 

So here I am at home... bundled up and hibernating. The cold weather just make me lazy and hungry all the time. But no snack at home.. opppsss  ! So I guess I have to make some. Chocolate banana muffin came popping into my head. So here we are... some yummy snack for hubby and me today. 

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil ( or any fats.. I have tried butter and canola oil.  )
1 cup of swerve or honey or any sweetener of choice ( I use swerve)
 ½ tsp sea salt
3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 mashed banana


Instructions
1 Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat eggs till forthy. About 3-5 minutes
3. Blend banana, oil and sweetener to eggs.
4. In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder with baking powder.
5. Whisk this into the egg batter thoroughly, until there are no lumps.
6. Pour into muffin cups and bake at 250F for 25 minutes
7. Remove from pan and cool on rack

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment