Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Paleo (Vegan) Chocolate Cookies with hint of Baileys

 

Its raining ! The hubby and I are both snuggled up at home.....both hungry and yet not wanting to drive out to get something to eat. 

I told the hubby that I want to bake something but do not know what. "Chocolate chip Cookies" came the answer.... and so this started the fanatic search for a cookie recipe. I found a double chocolate cookies recipe at Against All Grains and decided to adapt it to the ingredients I have at home.

I saw our bottle of Baileys sitting at the kitchen counter when I was mixing the ingredients and the thought creep into my head. " what do you think of Baileys in the cookies"... I asked the hubby. " Yeah.. why not" came the reply... and so Baileys was added to the dough :)

This is one of the better Paleo or vegan cookies recipes.. hint of Baileys is always good. It has the stamp of approval from the hubby... so it must be good:)

Ingredients( My adapted version)
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil , melted
 1/2 cup of honey (or similar sweetener of choice)
 2 tablespoon Baileys (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients ( except Baileys) and combined
5. Mixed in the Baileys ( if using)
 6. Use a small cookie dough scoop or form into 1/2 inch balls and place on a parchment paper (or Silpat) lined cookie sheet.
5.  Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
6. Let them cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing so they set – otherwise they will be too soft and may fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment