Saturday, January 19, 2013

Paleo Banana Muffins

 

I have to admit that it is hard to find good Paleo recipes for some sweets. They taste so different and not like the " real" thing without the flour and sugar. Its hard to find a good sugar substitute when it comes to baking. I have been baking with honey but decided to try natural sweetener recently. However, most natural sweetener has weird bitter aftertaste. I tried baking chocolate cupcake with stevia and ended up with super bitter cupcakes. I shared my experience with my friend Kristen and she told me Stevia and Chocolate are a NO NO. She told me to use stevia on non chocolate bake only and to use some honey to camouflage the weird bitter after taste. I tried baking a pumpkin bread with stevia and honey.. and urrrrrggggggggg the bitter after taste is still there.

I am so happy when I found Swerve . From what I read, it does not have a bitter after taste. I knew I have to try it ! It did not fail me. The muffins taste so awesome without the weird bitter after taste.

I adapted a  recipe from Maria Nutritious and Delicious Journal to make the banana muffins I substitute banana for pumpkins since we are not a great fan of pumpkins. 

A double thumb up recipe. And yes.. its fluffy and taste like the real thing. The hubby agreed that this is one of the best recipes. I guess it must be good since it passed the hubby's test :)

I do not eat much of my own bake since I do not have sweet tooth. But I ended up with 2 of these last night and one more this morning before my run. So Yummy.

Ingredients: ( My banana muffin version)
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
 ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground pumpkins spice mix
 2 TBS Coconut Oil
½ cup Swerve ( or honey or other sweetener)
3 large eggs
3 medium mashed banana

Direction:
1. In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
2. Beat eggs in another bowl till frothy. Add coconut oil , swerve, eggs and pumpkin until smooth.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
4. Grease or place paper liners in muffin tins. Spoon batter into the pan.
4. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes.

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment