Civilized Caveman blog and knew that I had to try this !
It is great to have a pot roast recipe that does not use tomato sauce as a base. I had a hard time looking for a recipe that does not use tomato as a base. I knew I had to make this when I saw the recipe.
The BF and I agreed that the recipe is a keeper. Further, it makes good leftover. We had left over last night and gosh.. it tasted even better !
3lb Chuck Roast
1 White Onion, sliced
3-4 Slices of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
6 Garlic cloves halved
2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Smoky Paprika
1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1. Using a thin knife create about 12 holes deep into the meet about 1/2 inch wide, you need to be able to fit some garlic and bacon in the hole
2. Now place bacon and garlic in each hole
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix your Sea salt, paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, EVOO, and red wine vinegar and mix well
4. Rub your spice mixture all over both sides of your roast
5. Line the bottom of your crock pot with your sliced onions and whatever left over pieces of bacon you have
6. Place your roast on top and cook on Low for 7-10 hours. Remember chuck roasts are tougher cuts of meat so the longer it cooks the better