Paleo Diet Lifestyle last month and could not resist sending the recipe to the BF. I almost forgot about it till this morning when the BF decided to make it !!!! We ran out of pepper and basil at home and the boy insisted on going to the store to get them so he can make this dish.
Definitely worth the trip to the store.. this is so so delicious.
1 tbsp Paleo cooking fat;
1/2 onion, chopped;
1 clove garlic, minced;
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped;
4 cups tomatoes, diced;
2 tbsp tomato paste;
1 tsp chilli powder;
1 tsp paprika;
A pinch cayenne pepper;
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste;
5 or 6 large eggs;
1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped;
1. Place a large skillet over a medium heat and add the cooking fat to allow it to melt and grease the surface of the pan.
2. Add the onions and sauté for two minutes. Mix in the garlic and continue to cook until the onions become tender and slightly golden in colour.
3. Add the chopped bell pepper to the skillet and mix well. Sauté for at least 5 minutes, just until the pepper is tender.
Once the peppers have cooked, add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste to the skillet, followed by the chilli powder, paprika and cayenne pepper.
4. Give the mixture a taste and add any additional spices, as well as the salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Allow the mixture to simmer. At this point, you may have to lower the heat to prevent the mixture from boiling.
Now crack the eggs into the skillet on top of the tomato mixture. Make sure they are spaced evenly. I placed one in the middle and then surrounded it with the rest of the eggs.
6. Cover the skillet and cook for anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes. You will know when the dish is ready as the eggs will be white and no clear liquids will run.
Once the eggs have cooked through, garnish with the fresh parsley and serve it up.