Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Oven Baked Chicken
I love oven baked chicken especially homemade ones. I hate getting them from the stores as I never know what was added.
Our friend Michelle's daughter is in the Agriculture school and had raised some chickens for a show. These chicks are raised in the school barn with no hormones injected. She sent them to the slaughtering house after the show was done. We bought some of the chicken from her. Gosh.. these chickens are young and tender.
This is an easy recipe which I made it up as I go :)
1. 1 chicken ( 3-4 pounds)
2. Salt and Pepper
4. Cajun seasoning
6. 1/2 pound bacon
7. Green beans and Carrots
1. Heat the oven to 425
2. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry
3. Season it liberally with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and Paprika
4. Run the butter liberally on the skin.
5. Stuff 2-3 bacon in the cavity
6. Lay some bacons on the top of the chicken
7 Put the vegetables in the pan before you put the chicken breast down on the roasting rack
8. Bake the chicken for at 425
7. Check on the bacon about 30 mins and remove them if they get brown. You do not want burnt bacon
8. A 3-4 pound chicken will be done in about 1hr 30 min but I will check every 10 min after the hour to make sure.