Monday, February 24, 2014

Fat Bombs



"Fat Bombs" !!!! You do not call these Fat Bombs for nothing ! Each cube is about 17g of fats, 4g Carbs and 5g protein.

It took me a while to realize what is a fat bomb.. but once I found out... I just have to make them . These fats bombs are simply fat !! Good fats !!! They are especially good if you are trying to increase your fat intake and hate the thoughts of drinking coconut oil or olive oil.  There are many recipes out there and you can always adapt to what you need as long as you use FAT as your main ingredient.

I use coconut oil, almond butter and unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe. Depending on your preference, you can add honey or some sweetener or just have them dark. Personally, I like them dark. The almond butter has a slight sweetness which is sufficient for me. I would not recommend stevia  as stevia does not go well with chocolate. It gave a weird bitter taste to chocolate. I prefer to use Swerve or honey. Honey is more paleo than Swerve but it contain higher sugar and calories... so pick your poison :)

You can create variation to this basic recipe by adding raisin, coconut flakes, dry fruits etc.


Ingredients:
One cup coconut oil, melted
One cup almond butter
2 table spoon of Hershey unsweetened cocoa powder. ( I prefer Hershey's but you can use any other brand)
Any sweetener of preference


Direction:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir well
2. Scoop the mixture in ice cube trays.
3. Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy

Note that these will melt really fast in hot temperature as they are fats ;)

~bel~




No comments:

Post a Comment