Friday, December 7, 2012

Paleo Gumbo (Crockpot)

 

I have been thinking of Gumbo since I saw the pack of Andouille sausage which the hubby bought. So the search begins for a good recipe. Its hard to find a recipe which I like so I decided to create my own using various source. 

 Surprisingly, my creation turn out pretty good. The hubby had two helpings... so it must be good :

Ingredients: 
One and half pound of chicken breast, cut into cube
A pack of Andouille sausage
One green pepper, diced
One onion, chopped
11/2 cup of okra, diced
1 cup of diced tomato with juice
2 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of paparika
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 tablespoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of celery seed
1 teaspoon of cayenne (more or less to taste)
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
1. Marinate the chicken with the spices for at least 30 minutes
2. Brown the sausage in a pan with olive oil. 
3. Brown the chicken in the pan after the sausage.
4. Lay the crockpot with onion,pepper, okara. Add in the chicken stock and diced tomato.
5. Add the saugage and chicken. Add in more spices if desired
6. Cook for 7-8 hours on low

~enjoy~



 

No comments:

Post a Comment