Monday, December 17, 2012

Paleo Ginger Bread Cake


I have to admit that I have not had ginger bread cake ( well, I do not have sweet tooth....So I hardly eat cakes) till a week ago when the hubby bought one from Starbucks. I took a bite and love it.. and so the search for Paleo version begins.

Googled " Paleo ginger spice bread" and the most often popped up recipe is this Paleo Ginger Bread Cake with Maple frosting ( <+ click). For some reason, the recipe does not appeal to me... so the search continues.

I saw this Honey Cake recipe from Elana's Pantry and decided to use it as a base for my own Paleo Ginger Bread Cake :)

Ingredients ( Adapted)
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 table spoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
1 tablespoon of nutmeg
1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice mix
1/2 cup of oil ( coconut or canola)
1/2 cup of honey ( or more if you like it sweet)
4 eggs


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 8"x8" baking pan
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
3. Beat the eggs till pale yellow and frothy
4. Add in oil and honey to the eggs
5. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes

~enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment