Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Paleo Crockpot ribs

Photo: Ribs! 

I have to admit that I am a ribs freak ! I love ribs and I think I could eat ribs everyday. It is hard to find Paleo ribs in restaurants. Most of the ribs sold in restaurants are slabbed with tons of sugar. 

I have been looking for a good crockpot ribs recipe. Ribs in crockpot ? Yes.... surprisingly crockpot makes good ribs :)

I saw this recipe at Paelosprit and decided to make it using the crockpot. The picture probably do not do justice to the ribs we had last night. They were so good. The BBQ sauce is awesome... my boy gives it two thumb up :)

Ingredients for ribs ( My version)
1 slab of ribs ( I use spareribs)
1/4 cup coconut crystals -optional  ( I omitted this)
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon dry basil (crushed)
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper ( I think 2 teaspoon is slightly spicy. I use about one teaspoon)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 onion
1 potato

Direction
1. Combined all ingredients (except potato and onion) in a small bowl to create a dry rub
2. Wash and pat dry the ribs. Add the dry rub onto the rubs. Let stand for 30 mintes
3.Chopped onion and potato into big chucks and lay them on the crockpot as base
4. Add the ribs into the crockpot and cook low for 8 hours

Ingredients for the BBQ sauce

1 1/2 cups of cooking juices from the ribs (or beef stock)
3 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
6 oz can tomato paste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup prepared mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
black pepper to taste

Direction
1. combine drippings (or stock) and the diced garlic and simmer in a medium sauce pan for 5 minutes.  2. Whisk in remaining ingredients and simmer on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes or more if you like a thicker sauce






Enjoy

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment