Thursday, September 6, 2012

Crockpot Pork Ribs


 


I love ribs ! But we seldom have ribs at home since takes time to make ribs.. and busy us do not have the time.

I saw this recipe from the Civilized Caveman (<= click) site and could not resist the temptation to try it. Instead of using beef short ribs, I made it with country style pork ribs.

I am usually "lazy" when it comes to crockpot. I would always skip the step of pan searing the meat before it goes into the crockpot. But I was "diligent" when I made this... and took time to sear the ribs ! Well.. its my favourite ribs.. so I gonna make an effort.


The BF came back from work and first time he mentioned was " the ribs smell good".... I was in the house the whole morning and did not noticed it.

We had it after our Tuesday work out. It was really good. I thought that the vinegar will be overpowering... but it blended really well with the ribs ! Love love !


 Ingredients:
3 Lbs of Beef Short ribs, boneless or bone in
1 Large Red Onion, sliced
1 Large White Onion, sliced
 3 Stalks Celery, diced
 3 Carrots, peeled and diced
1 Cup Water
 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
 1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Curry Powder ( I used tumeric since I could not find curry powder at home)
1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard
 2 Tsp Sea Salt
 1 Tsp Black Pepper

Direction :
1.  Line the bottom of your crock pot with your onions, celery, and carrots
2.  Heat a saute pan or cast iron skillet over high heat and sear all sides of your short ribs for 2-3 Minutes per side (This step is optional)
3. Place your short ribs on top of your veggies
4, Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over the top of your short ribs
5.  Cover your crock pot and cook on low for 8 Hours After it is cooked, if you would like you can remove the veggies and beef and add some arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce and serve over your beef

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment