Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Paleo Pancake ( Gluten free, soy free and dairy free)
Hm... what is breakfast without pancakes ! One of the challenges on Paleo diet is to create versions of "sinful" food that is Paleo friendly. As what my friend Erik said... "they don't come out close and the taste is even worse"
We have been using a Paleo pancake recipe on Nourishing Day blog (<= Click) and really love it. We had made it a few times and it always turn out good. I made it again yesterday and it must be decent good as the BF did ask for second helping.
This is a easy recipe for weekday breakfast. And Yes.. I whipped up the whole breakfast in less than 30 minutes
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk (raw cow’s or coconut both work)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey or a pinch of stevia
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt coconut oil or butter for frying
1. Preheat griddle over medium-low heat.
2. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey or stevia.
3. In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
4. Grease pan with butter or coconut oil.
5. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown.
6. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.