I just had to go and get a bottle of stout for this !
Gosh... the combination of chocolate and stout is heavenly. My small apartment smelled so good when the cake was baking in the oven.
1 cup stout ( I use chocolate stout)
1 cup ( 2 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cup all purpose flour (220g)
2 cup sugar
11/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup of sour cream
1. preheat oven to 350F
2. Spray the bundt pan well. Make sure that it is well -coated
3. Bring the stout and butter to simmer over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk till mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool
4. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl
5. Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream till well combined
6. Add stout mixture and beat just to combine
7. Add the flour mixture and beat a slow speed till just combined
8. Pour batter in the bundt pan and bake for approximate 60 minutes or when tester inserted into centre comes out clean
9. Cool for 5 minutes in pan and turn cake out to rack to cool completely
Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoon heavy cream
1. Melt the chocolate and heavy cream over a double boiler until smooth and warm.
2. Drizzle over the top of the cool cake.