Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cajun Crab Dip



The cooking club is having a Cajun Theme party tonight. It took me while to decide what to bring. My kitchen is not equipped for the heavy Cajun cooking.
I finally decided on a cajun crab dip.
This is my first attempt in making dip. Asians are not a great fan of dip..especially cold dip. It was difficult to choose a recipe especially with something which I am not familiar with. I finally settled on this cold crab dip recipe..... with some modification. The recipe calls for Cayenne pepper which add kick to the dish.


Ingredients:
8 ouces Philadelphia cream cheese, soften ( I used reduced fat)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 six ounce cans crab meat, drained.
2 cups finely chopped green onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1.5 teaspoon of worcesteshire sauce (original recipe called for 1 teaspoon)
1.5 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (original recipe called for 1 teaspoon)
salt to taste (original recipe called for a teaspoon)



Direction:
1. Combine cream cheese and lemon juice together
2. Combined all ingredients together to the cream cheese mix
3. Chill and serve with cracker
~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment