Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mango, Avocado Chicken Salad

I am attending my cooking meet-up group this afternoon. The Theme for today's meet up is "Caribbean". Took me while to decide what to cook. Finally decided on a Caribbean inspired mango, avocado chicken salad. The recipe was "modified" from a friend's chicken salad recipe.


I could not decide whether to buy "ready-cooked" chicken or cook the chicken from myself. Decided to do it myself since it is more fun and I am sure taste much better.

Marinate overnight : 1lbs chicken, soya sauce, chili flakes, salt, pepper and spike seasoning
Cook at 350F for about 30-40 minutes.


Mango and Avocado
I bought two mangoes - one ripe and one not so ripe. The ripe mango provide sweetness to the salad while the "green" mango provide the "sour" taste. The mango and avocado are in season now and are really cheap. I bought the mango at USD 0.79 each from HEB. Avocado at 2 for USD 1.00.

Aren't they beautiful.. the cut mango and avocado


Add the dice chicken to the mango and avacado. Dressed with Mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper


Bingo.. the mango, avocado chicken salad !
~Bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment