Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tumeric Tea !

 

Power breakfast ! Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. It is blessed to wake up with food. I used to skip breakfast . I would starve myself till lunch and then "pigged" out during lunch. But my BF is a breakfast person. He first thing which he does in the morning is breakfast.I learn to enjoy breakfast again after meeting him

I am glad that I re-discover the joy of breakfast. Smell of eggs and bacon in the morning is so wonderful. I recently added tumeric tea to my breakfast. I found the recipe in Mark Daily Apple

It is an acquired taste. But it is so good once you get used to it. 

Ingredients
8 ounces (1 cup) almond or coconut milk ( I use coconut milk)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2-inch wide round slice of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
Dash of cayenne pepper( I use black pepper)
1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener

Direction
1.  Gently warm the milk on the stove.
2. In a mug, combine the remaining ingredients.
3.  Drizzle a teaspoon of the warmed milk into the mug and mix until the liquid is smooth with no lumps. Add the rest of the milk and mix well.

( I microwaved the ginger and coconut milk for 1.30 min or till boil. And then add all the other ingredients and stirred till smooth) 

No comments:

Post a Comment