Gosh...I did not realize that my last post was almost 7 months back. Running and working had pretty much left me with no time and energy to cook or bake
Bf and I decided that we should eat more at home for the simple reason that it is healthier ( and of course.. cheaper as well) . Bf was really excited about this new arrangement and immediately pulled out two recipes- chili and pizza !
I did not cook this weekend but he did.
The Chili recipe was from allrecipe.com. It was so simple and yet so good. I could not resist a second helping.
The pizza recipe was from Runner's World Magazine. The recipe gave pizza a new twist by using pesto as base instead of the usual tomato paste. It also uses goat cheese instead of mozzarella. I never realize that pesto and chicken go so well together
Ingredient for Pizza
1. 12 inch whole wheat pizza crust
2. 3/4 cup of pesto
3. 1 cup arugula
4. 8 0z cooked chicken strips
5. 1/3 cup sliced red pepper
6. 2/3 cup of olive ( we omitted this as bf is not a fan of olive)
7. 1.2 cup of basil
8. 4 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
9. Black pepper
1. Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet and baked at 400F for 6 mins
2. Remove crust and turn oven to broil
3. Spread the pest on crust.
4. Top with arugula, chicken, red peppers, olives, basil and cheese
5. Season with black pepper and broil for 1 min