The weather has been depressing cold in the last few days. I decided that having cold salad on a cold day is really not appetising...and hence decided to make a soup.
The Japanese Miso Soup seems to be the perfect answer as it is simple and yet nutrious.
1) Miso Paste with Dashi stock ( You will need to make the dashi separately if you use the normal miso paste)
2) Tofu - 1/2 block. Cut into 1 inch cube (I used the silken)
3) Wakame ( dry sea weed)
1) Sock a handful of wakame for 5-10 minutes till hydrated
2) Put to boil 2 cups of water
3) Add 1/2 tablespoon of miso paste ( more if you like it more flavourful)
4) Add the the tofu and wakame
5) Ready to serve when boil
Note: You can add other ingredients such as seafood, eggs, abura-age ( dry bean curd) and other vegetables. I like to add spinach.