Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Paleo Mug Cake




What do you do when you are hungry and there are limited snacks at home ?  Both - the hubby and I - were bored and hungry on Friday evening after dinner.  Yeah.. we get hungry a lot after dinner.  Just do not know why. We could have double serving of dinner and still feel hungry after.

The first thing that came into my mind was : Mug Cake. We have a to go  recipe (<=click) for mug cake and loved it. But it called for the use of almond butter and we do not have almond butter at home.

I decided to google for a recipe that uses ingredients which I have at home. First on google list was this recipe from Delighted mum. I was skeptical as it does not use baking soda at all !

Desperate for snack.. I decided to give it a try( with a few changes) which was a good decision because this cake is so easy and soooo sooo good.

We have since make it twice and I cannot resist the temptation to make it again after writing this post :)

My adapted version:
Ingredients :
  • 3 tbs of almond meal
  • 3 tbs of cocoa powder
  • 2 tbs of honey ( more if you like it sweet)
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a microwave safe mug.
  2. Microwave for 2 minute
~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment