Saturday, December 18, 2010

Easy Pesto Pasta Salad

I have a Christmas Party tonight and wanted to bring a simple dish. I would love to bake but my rosacea has been giving me some grief and I decided that it is best to stay away from the hot oven.

After much thought, I finally decided on a simple pesto salad. I have to admit that I am not a fan of Pasta. In face, this is the first time I am making a pasta dish. But surpisingly, it turned out pretty good.

I adapted my recipe from the Easy Pesto Pasta Salad with Olives and Roasted Red Peppers from Kalyn's Kitchen

Ingredients:
12 oz basil pesto
1 packet of rotinni pasta
1 can of olived ( sliced)
7oz of cherry tomatos ( more if you like)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of soya sauce ( the asian in me just could not resist the soya sauce)
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese


Direction
1. Cook the pasta according to instruction
2. Cool the pasta and add the pesto, olive oil and soya sauce
3. Stir in the olives and tomotos
4. Chill for one hour.
5. Add grated parmesan cheese to serve

I used a ready made basil pesto from the store. Kalyn has a good recipe for a home made pesto for those who preferred home made dressing

Enjoy !

~bel~

No comments:

Post a Comment