I have been thinking of a peanut butter recipe ever since a friend texted "Peanut Butter" to me when he was having it earlier this week....
I saw this awesome recipe from Joy Of Baking and decided to try it..
It is really simple.... Mixed the peanut butter and unsalted butter together and roll
The peanut butter ball.....almost delicious on their own
Coat the peanut butter balls with chocolate.....
1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 - 2 1/2 cups (230 - 290 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar
9 ounces (255 grams) semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons (25 grams) shortening ( I would put this as optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat the the peanut butter and unsalted butter till melted and smooth
(I used stovetop but the original recipe calls for microwave for about one minute or until just soft )
3. Stir in the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and mix until it has the consistency of a dough (add more sugar if necessary).
4. Roll the dough into round balls
5. Place on the cookie sheet and refrigerate for about one hour, or until firm.
6. Melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan
7. Dip the balls, one at a time, in the melted chocolate, making sure the entire ball is coated with chocolate.
8. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set