I saw this CNY Cashew Nut Cookies recipe on Bakingmum blog and just could not resist the temptation to try it.
The cookies are really good.
210g butter unsalted
80g icing sugar
1 egg york
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
250g plain flour
60g corn flour
1/4 tsp baking soda ( I used baking powder)
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
300g raw cashew nuts ( I used 200g raw cashews and 100g roasted unsalted)
2 egg yolks ( beaten for eggwash)
1. Baked 100g of cashew nuts at 180C for 10 minutes. Chopped the cashew nuts coarsely. (omitted this step I use roasted unsalted cashews)
2. Cream butter and icing sugar lightly at speed 1. Add egg york and vanilla essence
( I misread the recipe and add a whole egg. But it still turn out nice)
3. Stir in ingredients B and chopped cashew nuts. Mix well.
4. Chill dough in the fridge for 40 minutes
5. Remove dough and roll into small balls. Arranged on a lined baking trays.
6. Brush with beaten egg york and placed a whole or half cashew on top of cookies and flatten it
( again I used whole egg for the eggwash.. so the colour of my cookies is not that golden)
7. Baked in pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until brown.
( Tip from bakingmum - add 50g of grounded cashews into the dough for more flavour. To have a nicely yellow eggwash, add yellow colouring into egg york)